Hey everyone out there….Howdy??
When one is expecting a baby, there is no dearth of advice on what to eat, what not to eat, when & how to eat & so on – from everyone around us & even in the books & internet.
But all this gets subjective & doesn’t call for attention at all, when you are on a high of becoming a “mum”.
Small lifestyle changes can be of great help in the long run.
Presenting 5 do’s & dont’s during pregnant, when it comes to your food intake in simple, point blank statements in this post! 🙂
1. Eat healthy food during pregnancy & afterwards too – while lactating.
2. Eat more of whole grains, sprouted grams and fermented foods to keep your gut healthy.
3. Take milk, eggs, white meat and plenty of fruits and vegetables.
4. Drink atleast 2 litres of water a day.
5. Eat small meals over the day – 4 to 6 times, especially towards the end of your pregnancy to cut down hunger pangs & aid in digestion.
FIVE DEFINITELY DON’TS
1. Avoid fried foods and try not to eat too late in the night to prevent indigestion.
2. Avoid excessive intake of coffee and tea – not more than 2 cups a day.
3. Avoid high salt intake – especially foods like pickles and papads. It can cause water retention in your body.
4. Do not consume alcohol or tobacco. Encourage your partner to give up too.
5. Avoid self-medication at all costs for any simple ailment it might be.
Ain’t this list simple? To go through, remember and follow as well…..
A lot of this is applicable to the general public as well – to carry on effortlessly, a memorable journey called LIFE! 🙂